Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Think the Cavaliers want to learn more about a player who was the consensus top prospect in this draft before he got hurt and still might hold that title? Think the Nerlens Noel wants the prestige and guaranteed contract that comes with being the first pick?
Of course they do.
The inevitable meeting between the team with the No. 1 pick and the No. 1 prospect is now scheduled. Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer:
Kentucky center Nerlens Noel will visit the Cavaliers on June 20, a source confirmed to The Plain Dealer on Tuesday.
If Noel’s ACL clears whatever bar the teams deem relevant, he’ll likely be a Cavalier. If it doesn’t, he might want to start scheduling visits with teams picking fourth and lower.
Unlike most visits, which include a workout, Noel can’t do much to prepare for this one, but there’s still a lot riding on it.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18