Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Think the Cavaliers want to learn more about a player who was the consensus top prospect in this draft before he got hurt and still might hold that title? Think the Nerlens Noel wants the prestige and guaranteed contract that comes with being the first pick?
Of course they do.
The inevitable meeting between the team with the No. 1 pick and the No. 1 prospect is now scheduled. Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer:
Kentucky center Nerlens Noel will visit the Cavaliers on June 20, a source confirmed to The Plain Dealer on Tuesday.
If Noel’s ACL clears whatever bar the teams deem relevant, he’ll likely be a Cavalier. If it doesn’t, he might want to start scheduling visits with teams picking fourth and lower.
Unlike most visits, which include a workout, Noel can’t do much to prepare for this one, but there’s still a lot riding on it.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30