Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Think the Cavaliers want to learn more about a player who was the consensus top prospect in this draft before he got hurt and still might hold that title? Think the Nerlens Noel wants the prestige and guaranteed contract that comes with being the first pick?
Of course they do.
The inevitable meeting between the team with the No. 1 pick and the No. 1 prospect is now scheduled. Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer:
Kentucky center Nerlens Noel will visit the Cavaliers on June 20, a source confirmed to The Plain Dealer on Tuesday.
If Noel’s ACL clears whatever bar the teams deem relevant, he’ll likely be a Cavalier. If it doesn’t, he might want to start scheduling visits with teams picking fourth and lower.
Unlike most visits, which include a workout, Noel can’t do much to prepare for this one, but there’s still a lot riding on it.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30