Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Think the Cavaliers want to learn more about a player who was the consensus top prospect in this draft before he got hurt and still might hold that title? Think the Nerlens Noel wants the prestige and guaranteed contract that comes with being the first pick?
Of course they do.
The inevitable meeting between the team with the No. 1 pick and the No. 1 prospect is now scheduled. Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer:
Kentucky center Nerlens Noel will visit the Cavaliers on June 20, a source confirmed to The Plain Dealer on Tuesday.
If Noel’s ACL clears whatever bar the teams deem relevant, he’ll likely be a Cavalier. If it doesn’t, he might want to start scheduling visits with teams picking fourth and lower.
Unlike most visits, which include a workout, Noel can’t do much to prepare for this one, but there’s still a lot riding on it.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27