Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Think the Cavaliers want to learn more about a player who was the consensus top prospect in this draft before he got hurt and still might hold that title? Think the Nerlens Noel wants the prestige and guaranteed contract that comes with being the first pick?
Of course they do.
The inevitable meeting between the team with the No. 1 pick and the No. 1 prospect is now scheduled. Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Plain Dealer:
Kentucky center Nerlens Noel will visit the Cavaliers on June 20, a source confirmed to The Plain Dealer on Tuesday.
If Noel’s ACL clears whatever bar the teams deem relevant, he’ll likely be a Cavalier. If it doesn’t, he might want to start scheduling visits with teams picking fourth and lower.
Unlike most visits, which include a workout, Noel can’t do much to prepare for this one, but there’s still a lot riding on it.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49