Jun 11, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
But they arrived in time for tipoff:
Professional athletes are creatures of habit, and there’s no telling how an unusual warmup routine will affect their play. I guarantee they’re not happy about it, though.
The fans who aren’t yet to the arena will probably be unhappy too about missing some of the game.
At least they won’t completely miss their role.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7