Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This is good news for the Timberwolves. It might be better news for the Adelmans.
The Timberwolves are expecting Rick Adelman to return next season as coach, reports Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Every indication points to Rick Adelman returning as coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, president Flip Saunders said, apparently resolving one of the many prominent issues in front of Saunders early in his tenure as head of basketball operations…
“We’ve talked every day, every other day,” Saunders said during a break at the adidas Eurocamp. “He talks about his staff, he talks about players. We were talking the other day about offenses that I ran, offenses that he ran. Talking just the basketball talk. The talks that we’ve had leads me to believe that he’s going to be back.”
Adelman is under contract for next season. He was away from the team for an extended period of time this season to tend to his ill wife. He had said the only reason he wouldn’t return next season is that he needed to be with her.
So not only is this good news for the Timberwolves, it’s good news for the Adelman family. We only wish them the best.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41