Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This is good news for the Timberwolves. It might be better news for the Adelmans.
The Timberwolves are expecting Rick Adelman to return next season as coach, reports Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Every indication points to Rick Adelman returning as coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, president Flip Saunders said, apparently resolving one of the many prominent issues in front of Saunders early in his tenure as head of basketball operations…
“We’ve talked every day, every other day,” Saunders said during a break at the adidas Eurocamp. “He talks about his staff, he talks about players. We were talking the other day about offenses that I ran, offenses that he ran. Talking just the basketball talk. The talks that we’ve had leads me to believe that he’s going to be back.”
Adelman is under contract for next season. He was away from the team for an extended period of time this season to tend to his ill wife. He had said the only reason he wouldn’t return next season is that he needed to be with her.
So not only is this good news for the Timberwolves, it’s good news for the Adelman family. We only wish them the best.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25