Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This is good news for the Timberwolves. It might be better news for the Adelmans.
The Timberwolves are expecting Rick Adelman to return next season as coach, reports Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Every indication points to Rick Adelman returning as coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, president Flip Saunders said, apparently resolving one of the many prominent issues in front of Saunders early in his tenure as head of basketball operations…
“We’ve talked every day, every other day,” Saunders said during a break at the adidas Eurocamp. “He talks about his staff, he talks about players. We were talking the other day about offenses that I ran, offenses that he ran. Talking just the basketball talk. The talks that we’ve had leads me to believe that he’s going to be back.”
Adelman is under contract for next season. He was away from the team for an extended period of time this season to tend to his ill wife. He had said the only reason he wouldn’t return next season is that he needed to be with her.
So not only is this good news for the Timberwolves, it’s good news for the Adelman family. We only wish them the best.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5