Jun 11, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
Patrick Ewing has been waiting a long time for a shot at a head coaching job, but it hasn’t happened yet.
So now he has decided to take the lead assistant job with the Charlotte Bobcats under just hired Steve Clifford, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing has reached agreement to become the associate head coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
After eight years as an NBA assistant, Ewing sat out last season from the NBA but wanted back in now. Both the Bobcats and the Kings under new coach Mike Malone tried to hire him.
Ewing now works for long-time rival Michael Jordan. Although, as Woj points out, those two did team up in Space Jam. So they have that bond.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)