Jun 11, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing has been waiting a long time for a shot at a head coaching job, but it hasn’t happened yet.
So now he has decided to take the lead assistant job with the Charlotte Bobcats under just hired Steve Clifford, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing has reached agreement to become the associate head coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
After eight years as an NBA assistant, Ewing sat out last season from the NBA but wanted back in now. Both the Bobcats and the Kings under new coach Mike Malone tried to hire him.
Ewing now works for long-time rival Michael Jordan. Although, as Woj points out, those two did team up in Space Jam. So they have that bond.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22