Jun 11, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing has been waiting a long time for a shot at a head coaching job, but it hasn’t happened yet.
So now he has decided to take the lead assistant job with the Charlotte Bobcats under just hired Steve Clifford, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing has reached agreement to become the associate head coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
After eight years as an NBA assistant, Ewing sat out last season from the NBA but wanted back in now. Both the Bobcats and the Kings under new coach Mike Malone tried to hire him.
Ewing now works for long-time rival Michael Jordan. Although, as Woj points out, those two did team up in Space Jam. So they have that bond.
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 0
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 5
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 18
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 33
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 57
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 89