Jun 11, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing has been waiting a long time for a shot at a head coaching job, but it hasn’t happened yet.
So now he has decided to take the lead assistant job with the Charlotte Bobcats under just hired Steve Clifford, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing has reached agreement to become the associate head coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
After eight years as an NBA assistant, Ewing sat out last season from the NBA but wanted back in now. Both the Bobcats and the Kings under new coach Mike Malone tried to hire him.
Ewing now works for long-time rival Michael Jordan. Although, as Woj points out, those two did team up in Space Jam. So they have that bond.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8