Jun 11, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Even the Nuggets brass would probably admit Denver was well-coached last season. After all, the Nuggets won 57 games, and George Karl won Coach of the Year.
Karl’s problem was his ability to follow directions, and that’s why he was fired.
So, it might actually make sense for the Nuggets to promote an assistant coach to full-time head coach after firing the head coach of the same staff. But they could have competition from the 76ers, too.
John Mitchell of The Philadelphia Inquirer:
Hunt previously worked as an assistant for the Cavaliers, Lakers and Rockets. Prior, he was a video coordinator for Houston, which could boost his stock. Former video coordinators – like Erik Spoelstra, Frank Vogel and Mike Budenholzer – are all the rage right now.
If Philadelphia waits until after the draft to hire a new coach, Denver should have the inside track. The Nuggets already know Hunt, and he’s probably not in position to hold out for another offer if he gets one from Denver.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 51
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3