Jun 11, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Apparently not hindered by their late arrival, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker contributed on every Spurs point as San Antonio jumped to an 11-4 lead on its way to a 50-44 halftime lead in Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
But Gary Neal stole the show with his 4-of-6 3-point shooting – including a buzzer beater to end the half – on his way to a game-high 14 points. Duncan has 10 points and seven rebounds and Parker has six points and seven assists for the Spurs, which haven’t trailed.
San Antonio went cold in the second quarter, starting the period 1-for-11 and allowing the Heat to climb within 27-26 before pushing its lead. The Heat made another run later in the quarter as Mike Miller (3-of-3 on 3-pointers) got hot, but other than Miller and Dwyane Wade (12 points on 5-of-7 shooting), Miami hasn’t sustained much offense.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30