Jun 11, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Can you imagine if a 63-year-old guy dunked on you in a game of pickup?
If you haven’t seen the fantastic NBA TV documentary on Julius Erving, “The Doctor,” you should. Find another showing. It is a great look at the player and his impact on the game, on Philadelphia, and it’s a great look at one man’s quest to win a ring. It’s also moving as Erving talks about the death of his father and his son.
Oh, and he can still dunk. The documentary shows that, too.
While it’s not quite as high, you can still see the graceful outline of a guy who was one of the great dunkers the game has ever seen in there.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20