Jun 11, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Can you imagine if a 63-year-old guy dunked on you in a game of pickup?
If you haven’t seen the fantastic NBA TV documentary on Julius Erving, “The Doctor,” you should. Find another showing. It is a great look at the player and his impact on the game, on Philadelphia, and it’s a great look at one man’s quest to win a ring. It’s also moving as Erving talks about the death of his father and his son.
Oh, and he can still dunk. The documentary shows that, too.
While it’s not quite as high, you can still see the graceful outline of a guy who was one of the great dunkers the game has ever seen in there.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10