Jun 11, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Can you imagine if a 63-year-old guy dunked on you in a game of pickup?
If you haven’t seen the fantastic NBA TV documentary on Julius Erving, “The Doctor,” you should. Find another showing. It is a great look at the player and his impact on the game, on Philadelphia, and it’s a great look at one man’s quest to win a ring. It’s also moving as Erving talks about the death of his father and his son.
Oh, and he can still dunk. The documentary shows that, too.
While it’s not quite as high, you can still see the graceful outline of a guy who was one of the great dunkers the game has ever seen in there.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 13
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 14
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 27
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17