Jun 11, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Can you imagine if a 63-year-old guy dunked on you in a game of pickup?
If you haven’t seen the fantastic NBA TV documentary on Julius Erving, “The Doctor,” you should. Find another showing. It is a great look at the player and his impact on the game, on Philadelphia, and it’s a great look at one man’s quest to win a ring. It’s also moving as Erving talks about the death of his father and his son.
Oh, and he can still dunk. The documentary shows that, too.
While it’s not quite as high, you can still see the graceful outline of a guy who was one of the great dunkers the game has ever seen in there.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29