Jun 11, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Can you imagine if a 63-year-old guy dunked on you in a game of pickup?
If you haven’t seen the fantastic NBA TV documentary on Julius Erving, “The Doctor,” you should. Find another showing. It is a great look at the player and his impact on the game, on Philadelphia, and it’s a great look at one man’s quest to win a ring. It’s also moving as Erving talks about the death of his father and his son.
Oh, and he can still dunk. The documentary shows that, too.
While it’s not quite as high, you can still see the graceful outline of a guy who was one of the great dunkers the game has ever seen in there.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25