Chris Bosh promises to lay off three pointers vs. Spurs

Jun 11, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT

Chris Bosh AP

In Game 1, Chris Bosh was 0-for-3 from three-point range (including a key miss late) but 5-of-8 from the midrange.

Lesson learned. In Game 2 Bosh didn’t take a three and was 3-of-6 from the midrange — he had a far more effective and efficient game.

In Game 3 Tuesday night, don’t expect to see Bosh beyond the arc on the offensive end.

“With this (Spurs) team, it seems like that’s what they want me to do so I’m not going to do it,” Bosh said after the morning shootaround Tuesday. “They want me to shoot threes. I could tell by looking at the film. So I really just changed it up”

What did he see on the film?

“Because nobody was closing out to me, and I’m like, ‘OK, if nobody’s closing out on me, that means they want me to shoot it.’ So I just wanted to get in an area where I could be more aggressive and kind of really work against that game plan they have,” Bosh said.

It’s a good rule of thumb that if you’re on the other team and Gregg Popovich’s guys are giving you the shot, it’s a bad shot.

The Heat showed a lot more discipline on offense in Game 2, not just during the run but all game long (they shot 51.2 percent in the first half). Do that again this game and it is much harder on the Spurs to keep up.

1. pmx8411 - Jun 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Its hard for Chris to resist cause all he does is CAMP behind the line!

2. cantonbound13 - Jun 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM

What about flopping & crying?

• leahcima1 - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hey cantonjerk12. Loser girl, you’re back. You up for tonight’s game when two champions go at it for the gold?

• cantonbound13 - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I take satisfaction in my personal accomplishments. I don’t have to depend on a sports team to bring me happiness. Only a sad loser like yourself really needs a heat win.

• miamatt - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

If only Chris Bosh’s biggest fanboy would promise to lay off trolling…

• cantonbound13 - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM

If only I gave a damn what you thought.

3. rgledz - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Can he also lay off the screaming and chest thumping after every inconsequential action???

4. gotampabay52 - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Go Heat Birdman, Miller and Cole will help out

5. losanginsight - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Did the human baby raptor even play tonight?

6. gmsingh123 - Jun 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM

How long before he legally changes his name to “Chris Botch”?

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches