Jun 10, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
But he wouldn’t mind being back in Miami next fall.
Billups is an unrestricted free agent this summer and like a lot of veterans willing to play for less money if they get a shot at a ring, he has interest in the Heat, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“Of course, I would have interest in Miami, of course,’’ Billups told FOX Sports Florida…
“Absolutely, I could help them,’’ Billups said before the Heat faced San Antonio after having lost the Finals opener last Thursday.
Billups will be 37 at the start of next season and after coming off a torn Achilles that had him out for all but 22 games last season, it’s fair to ask how much he can really contribute.
Thing is the Heat don’t really need him. They have Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole at the pint and Billups, despite being a smart player, lacks the athleticism the Heat like to use at the point. He could play some two guard off the bench, but Miami is already giving those minutes to Ray Allen.
But it’s out there. Stranger things have happened.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14