Jun 10, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
But he wouldn’t mind being back in Miami next fall.
Billups is an unrestricted free agent this summer and like a lot of veterans willing to play for less money if they get a shot at a ring, he has interest in the Heat, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“Of course, I would have interest in Miami, of course,’’ Billups told FOX Sports Florida…
“Absolutely, I could help them,’’ Billups said before the Heat faced San Antonio after having lost the Finals opener last Thursday.
Billups will be 37 at the start of next season and after coming off a torn Achilles that had him out for all but 22 games last season, it’s fair to ask how much he can really contribute.
Thing is the Heat don’t really need him. They have Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole at the pint and Billups, despite being a smart player, lacks the athleticism the Heat like to use at the point. He could play some two guard off the bench, but Miami is already giving those minutes to Ray Allen.
But it’s out there. Stranger things have happened.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6