Jun 9, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
This is another case, like Sacramento, where there seems to be a push to hire a coach before a general manager. That said, there seems to be momentum to promote Pete D’Alessandro up to the Nuggets GM position, although he also is going to speak to the Kings about their open GM position, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
With or without a GM the coaching search is moving forward under the direction of team president Josh Kroenke, reports the Denver Post.
As the Nuggets zero in on potential candidates to be their next head coach, a source said the team has received permission from the Indiana Pacers to talk to assistant coach Brian Shaw and permission from the Memphis Grizzlies to talk to head coach Lionel Hollins.
The Los Angeles Clippers are said to be targeting both men. The Nets are reportedly targeting Shaw, and officially Hollins is still under contract with the Grizzlies and that situation could get worked out so he returns. Not likely, but it could.
Denver, with a young roster coming off a 57-win season, is clearly a desirable landing spot for a coach.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 19
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54