Jun 9, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
This is another case, like Sacramento, where there seems to be a push to hire a coach before a general manager. That said, there seems to be momentum to promote Pete D’Alessandro up to the Nuggets GM position, although he also is going to speak to the Kings about their open GM position, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
With or without a GM the coaching search is moving forward under the direction of team president Josh Kroenke, reports the Denver Post.
As the Nuggets zero in on potential candidates to be their next head coach, a source said the team has received permission from the Indiana Pacers to talk to assistant coach Brian Shaw and permission from the Memphis Grizzlies to talk to head coach Lionel Hollins.
The Los Angeles Clippers are said to be targeting both men. The Nets are reportedly targeting Shaw, and officially Hollins is still under contract with the Grizzlies and that situation could get worked out so he returns. Not likely, but it could.
Denver, with a young roster coming off a 57-win season, is clearly a desirable landing spot for a coach.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16