Jun 9, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
TREVISO, Italy — It’s important to the people in charge of the adidas Eurocamp operation to provide as legitimate a platform as possible for NBA teams to evaluate international draft prospects. That’s why both the way they measure players and the testing that they put them through in Treviso are not just similar to those done in the states at the pre-draft combine in Chicago — they’re one and the same.
Chris Grancio, Head of Global Basketball Sports Marketing for adidas, explains.
“Last year we started with BAM testing, which we’ve continued again this year to really make sure that as a true global scouting platform, it’s equivalent to what happens in Chicago for the pre-draft camp,” he said. “To ensure that they’re really apples to apples measurements, we fly the same guys over who do the Chicago testing to here, and it’s the same equipment, literally. So a general manager looking at information from here and from Chicago can trust that it’s identical.”
The results were released on Day 2 of the camp on Sunday, and can be downloaded in their entirety by clicking the links below. A few highlights:
– Lucas Nogueira wasn’t the tallest player measured at the camp, but he was measured as being the longest. His 90-inch wingspan and 114-inch reach were both camp highs, which helps explain (along with his skillset) why he’s projected to be selected mid- to late-first round of this year’s draft.
– Aquille Carr measured just 5’4.5″ without shoes, but was tested as having the highest vertical jump — 33 inches — out of all of the camp participants.
– Nemanja Nedovic, a strong and athletic 6’3″ guard from Serbia, tested the highest in two of the quickness categories — the 3/4 court sprint and the reaction shuttle. He’s projected to be a mid- to late-second round pick.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 0
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 15
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35