Jun 9, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
TREVISO, Italy — It’s important to the people in charge of the adidas Eurocamp operation to provide as legitimate a platform as possible for NBA teams to evaluate international draft prospects. That’s why both the way they measure players and the testing that they put them through in Treviso are not just similar to those done in the states at the pre-draft combine in Chicago — they’re one and the same.
Chris Grancio, Head of Global Basketball Sports Marketing for adidas, explains.
“Last year we started with BAM testing, which we’ve continued again this year to really make sure that as a true global scouting platform, it’s equivalent to what happens in Chicago for the pre-draft camp,” he said. “To ensure that they’re really apples to apples measurements, we fly the same guys over who do the Chicago testing to here, and it’s the same equipment, literally. So a general manager looking at information from here and from Chicago can trust that it’s identical.”
The results were released on Day 2 of the camp on Sunday, and can be downloaded in their entirety by clicking the links below. A few highlights:
– Lucas Nogueira wasn’t the tallest player measured at the camp, but he was measured as being the longest. His 90-inch wingspan and 114-inch reach were both camp highs, which helps explain (along with his skillset) why he’s projected to be selected mid- to late-first round of this year’s draft.
– Aquille Carr measured just 5’4.5″ without shoes, but was tested as having the highest vertical jump — 33 inches — out of all of the camp participants.
– Nemanja Nedovic, a strong and athletic 6’3″ guard from Serbia, tested the highest in two of the quickness categories — the 3/4 court sprint and the reaction shuttle. He’s projected to be a mid- to late-second round pick.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28