Jun 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
If it’s a draft without a superstar, and if the Cavaliers are already shopping around the No. 1 pick, I guess this shouldn’t surprise us.
The Orlando Magic are shopping around the No. 2 pick, reports Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.
That No. 2 pick is probably going to be Ben McLemore out of Kansas, but guys like Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo could jump up into that spot. If you’re a GM in the lower lottery and really want one of those guys, and you have an asset you can throw in to swap picks, it could happen.
Thing is, there are not teams willing to give up much of anything to move up in this draft. There are no franchise changing players in this draft, and GMs are not going to give up two assets to get one unless there is something special.
Which is to say, the Magic are going to shop this around but it’s not likely going to matter much.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 30
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14