Jun 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
If it’s a draft without a superstar, and if the Cavaliers are already shopping around the No. 1 pick, I guess this shouldn’t surprise us.
The Orlando Magic are shopping around the No. 2 pick, reports Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.
That No. 2 pick is probably going to be Ben McLemore out of Kansas, but guys like Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo could jump up into that spot. If you’re a GM in the lower lottery and really want one of those guys, and you have an asset you can throw in to swap picks, it could happen.
Thing is, there are not teams willing to give up much of anything to move up in this draft. There are no franchise changing players in this draft, and GMs are not going to give up two assets to get one unless there is something special.
Which is to say, the Magic are going to shop this around but it’s not likely going to matter much.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 0
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 12
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 38
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31