Jun 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
If it’s a draft without a superstar, and if the Cavaliers are already shopping around the No. 1 pick, I guess this shouldn’t surprise us.
The Orlando Magic are shopping around the No. 2 pick, reports Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.
That No. 2 pick is probably going to be Ben McLemore out of Kansas, but guys like Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo could jump up into that spot. If you’re a GM in the lower lottery and really want one of those guys, and you have an asset you can throw in to swap picks, it could happen.
Thing is, there are not teams willing to give up much of anything to move up in this draft. There are no franchise changing players in this draft, and GMs are not going to give up two assets to get one unless there is something special.
Which is to say, the Magic are going to shop this around but it’s not likely going to matter much.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 5
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 17
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19