Jun 8, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
If it’s a draft without a superstar, and if the Cavaliers are already shopping around the No. 1 pick, I guess this shouldn’t surprise us.
The Orlando Magic are shopping around the No. 2 pick, reports Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.
That No. 2 pick is probably going to be Ben McLemore out of Kansas, but guys like Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo could jump up into that spot. If you’re a GM in the lower lottery and really want one of those guys, and you have an asset you can throw in to swap picks, it could happen.
Thing is, there are not teams willing to give up much of anything to move up in this draft. There are no franchise changing players in this draft, and GMs are not going to give up two assets to get one unless there is something special.
Which is to say, the Magic are going to shop this around but it’s not likely going to matter much.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11