Jun 7, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
ESPN caught an awesome scene last night of Tony Parker coaching the Spurs during Game 1 of the NBA Finals. After speaking with Gregg Popovich first – surely just double-checking his message, but also implicitly showing he’s not staging a coup to San Antonio’s gameplan – Parker addresses his teammates on the bench.
My absolute favorite part of the video is how quickly Parker’s teammates lean in to listen intently as soon as he sits down.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3