Jun 7, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
ESPN caught an awesome scene last night of Tony Parker coaching the Spurs during Game 1 of the NBA Finals. After speaking with Gregg Popovich first – surely just double-checking his message, but also implicitly showing he’s not staging a coup to San Antonio’s gameplan – Parker addresses his teammates on the bench.
My absolute favorite part of the video is how quickly Parker’s teammates lean in to listen intently as soon as he sits down.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 0
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 2
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42