Jun 7, 2013, 3:37 AM EDT
Tim Duncan caught a pass with deep position in the paint and Mike Miller guarding him, and Duncan immediately attempted a hook shot and missed. Duncan turned his head to the right as if were making the first move in shaking it in frustration, and he’d certainly be justified. That was Duncan’s fifth miss in his first five shots.
But Duncan ran upcourt with his head turned to the right, never actually shaking it or showing any other sign of irritation.
“I didn’t change anything, honestly,” Duncan told reporters after the game.
He never does.
In his regular-season career, Duncan has averaged 20.7 points, 11.5 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.3 blocks per 36 minutes.
In his post-season career, Duncan has averaged 20.4 points, 11.1 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.3 blocks per 36 minutes.
And in 37 minutes tonight, Duncan had 20 points, 14 rebounds, four assists and three blocks.
Even at age 37, Duncan is maintaining his career levels. He’s now a cool 5-0 in Game 1s of the NBA Finals, and if he keeps up these numbers, the Spurs should be set.
He’s never lost a Finals series, and like everything else with him, why would that change now?
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0