Jun 7, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
George Karl’s firing might have shocked most people, but it didn’t shock the Nuggets brass, who had clashed with the coach and – by definition – had to see the move coming. So, it stands to reason they would, or at least should, have a plan in place to find Karl’s replacement.
And in the aftermath of George Karl’s firing Thursday, the team is expected to look hard at Brian Shaw and Lionel Hollins, according to a league source. The Nuggets may also look at Alvin Gentry, a source said.
With Masai Ujiri in Toronto, it’s unclear from the outside who is running the search, though that might be more firm within the organization. Even if it is, the Clippers and Nets will give Denver plenty of competition for Shaw and Hollins.
The Nuggets have an attractive roster too, but it’s probably helpful to have what seems like a fallback candidate in Gentry.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 0
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 21
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 58
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 30