Jun 7, 2013, 10:08 PM EST
We know that the Los Angeles Clippers have Pacers assistant coach Brian Shaw near the top of their list — he may be untested but he brings some Lakers rings cache to the team always in the shadows in that city. Shaw is also reportedly the top target of the Brooklyn Nets, a team with the advantage of being able to write big checks.
We told you earlier today Shaw was in the mix with the Nuggets also, now the reliable Sam Amick of the USA Today says Shaw may be the main target in Denver.
Denver, meanwhile, will focus on Hollins or Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw as possible replacements. There are indications that Shaw is leading that race, as the Nuggets see Shaw as a rising star in the coaching ranks who could help their young team grow.
The guy with the leverage is going to be the guy getting the bigger check and the longer contract, and that sounds more and more like Shaw.
The Nets, Nuggets and Clippers are all teams that were top four seeds in the playoffs last season with room for improvement (particularly the Clippers and Nuggets). Any of those are potentially good landing spots. Plus, once you get your first NBA coaching job you seem to end up on the carousel when it is time to move on.
Looks like the very deserving Shaw is finally going to get a seat on the ride.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 0
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 6
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13