Jun 7, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
2K Sports has tried to sell more video games the past couple years by putting Michael Jordan on the cover and some legendary players of the NBA in the game.
Now they are returning to today’s biggest star.
LeBron James will be on the cover of the new NBA 2K14 when it comes out this fall, 2K Sports announced. LeBron also was involved in some of the new development aspects of the game (although safe bet he didn’t sit there are write the code).
“My friends, family and fans all know how much I love NBA 2K,” James said in a released statement. “I remember, as a kid, getting so excited for the game to come out and see who was on the cover, and it’s amazing to be a part of this great tradition. I love partnerships and opportunities that connect me directly with fans.
“I know from my own experience and now watching my own kids, NBA 2K is among the coolest and purest ways for fans to connect to the NBA. I love being a part of it.”
More details about changes to the game will come out over the summer.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30