Jun 7, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
2K Sports has tried to sell more video games the past couple years by putting Michael Jordan on the cover and some legendary players of the NBA in the game.
Now they are returning to today’s biggest star.
LeBron James will be on the cover of the new NBA 2K14 when it comes out this fall, 2K Sports announced. LeBron also was involved in some of the new development aspects of the game (although safe bet he didn’t sit there are write the code).
“My friends, family and fans all know how much I love NBA 2K,” James said in a released statement. “I remember, as a kid, getting so excited for the game to come out and see who was on the cover, and it’s amazing to be a part of this great tradition. I love partnerships and opportunities that connect me directly with fans.
“I know from my own experience and now watching my own kids, NBA 2K is among the coolest and purest ways for fans to connect to the NBA. I love being a part of it.”
More details about changes to the game will come out over the summer.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 1
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 7
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18