Jun 7, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
2K Sports has tried to sell more video games the past couple years by putting Michael Jordan on the cover and some legendary players of the NBA in the game.
Now they are returning to today’s biggest star.
LeBron James will be on the cover of the new NBA 2K14 when it comes out this fall, 2K Sports announced. LeBron also was involved in some of the new development aspects of the game (although safe bet he didn’t sit there are write the code).
“My friends, family and fans all know how much I love NBA 2K,” James said in a released statement. “I remember, as a kid, getting so excited for the game to come out and see who was on the cover, and it’s amazing to be a part of this great tradition. I love partnerships and opportunities that connect me directly with fans.
“I know from my own experience and now watching my own kids, NBA 2K is among the coolest and purest ways for fans to connect to the NBA. I love being a part of it.”
More details about changes to the game will come out over the summer.
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 0
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 5
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 7
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)