Jun 7, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
Sometimes, when a team lets an established coach or general manager leave, it’s because the team believes an assistant is just as, if not more, capable. See the Grizzles with Lionel Hollins and Dave Joerger.
It’s not yet clear what direction Denver will go now that Masai Ujiri has joined the Raptors, but if the Nuggets planned to hire from within, they might have competition.
The Kings search for a new head of basketball operations continues to expand with the team asking permission to speak with Denver vice president of basketball operations Pete D’Alessandro.
If the Nuggets are seriously considering D’Alessandro to be their GM, they could always deny permission.
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 42
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 28
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 29
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 3