Jun 7, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
Sometimes, when a team lets an established coach or general manager leave, it’s because the team believes an assistant is just as, if not more, capable. See the Grizzles with Lionel Hollins and Dave Joerger.
It’s not yet clear what direction Denver will go now that Masai Ujiri has joined the Raptors, but if the Nuggets planned to hire from within, they might have competition.
The Kings search for a new head of basketball operations continues to expand with the team asking permission to speak with Denver vice president of basketball operations Pete D’Alessandro.
If the Nuggets are seriously considering D’Alessandro to be their GM, they could always deny permission.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 37
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17