Jun 7, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
Sometimes, when a team lets an established coach or general manager leave, it’s because the team believes an assistant is just as, if not more, capable. See the Grizzles with Lionel Hollins and Dave Joerger.
It’s not yet clear what direction Denver will go now that Masai Ujiri has joined the Raptors, but if the Nuggets planned to hire from within, they might have competition.
The Kings search for a new head of basketball operations continues to expand with the team asking permission to speak with Denver vice president of basketball operations Pete D’Alessandro.
If the Nuggets are seriously considering D’Alessandro to be their GM, they could always deny permission.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18