Jun 7, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
Sometimes, when a team lets an established coach or general manager leave, it’s because the team believes an assistant is just as, if not more, capable. See the Grizzles with Lionel Hollins and Dave Joerger.
It’s not yet clear what direction Denver will go now that Masai Ujiri has joined the Raptors, but if the Nuggets planned to hire from within, they might have competition.
The Kings search for a new head of basketball operations continues to expand with the team asking permission to speak with Denver vice president of basketball operations Pete D’Alessandro.
If the Nuggets are seriously considering D’Alessandro to be their GM, they could always deny permission.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12