Jun 7, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
Sometimes, when a team lets an established coach or general manager leave, it’s because the team believes an assistant is just as, if not more, capable. See the Grizzles with Lionel Hollins and Dave Joerger.
It’s not yet clear what direction Denver will go now that Masai Ujiri has joined the Raptors, but if the Nuggets planned to hire from within, they might have competition.
The Kings search for a new head of basketball operations continues to expand with the team asking permission to speak with Denver vice president of basketball operations Pete D’Alessandro.
If the Nuggets are seriously considering D’Alessandro to be their GM, they could always deny permission.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2