Jun 7, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
We told you this was likely coming, but now it looks official.
We make decision this morning that we will withdraw Dario from the 2013 draft
Saric has until June 17 to change his mind again, that is the deadline to withdraw from the draft.
Saric was projected to be a first round pick, DraftExpress had him going No. 21 although others think he could be as high as a late lottery selection. He’s a vintage European big man — 6’10” but he plays like a small forward. He sees the court well, is a great ball handler and passer. His jump shot could use to be steadier and he needs to get stronger, but there is potential there.
That potential appears headed back to Croatia for another season.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 2
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49