Jun 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
We’re in the midst of the NBA Finals, and Carmelo Anthony, whose Knicks were eliminated in the second round, still leads the league in playoff shots.
Melo attempted 310 field goals in his 12 games before the Pacers eliminated the Knicks.
LeBron, who is in second place and 12 shots back will likely pass Melo in Game 2 of the Finals. For now, Melo has the lead despite playing five fewer playoff games than LeBron and scoring 91 fewer points.
Only Michael Jordan (1989 and 1990) and Elgin Baylor (1961) led a postseason in field-goal attempts without making the Finals, but if he works hard this offseason, maybe Melo can join that list next year.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10