Jun 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
We’re in the midst of the NBA Finals, and Carmelo Anthony, whose Knicks were eliminated in the second round, still leads the league in playoff shots.
Melo attempted 310 field goals in his 12 games before the Pacers eliminated the Knicks.
LeBron, who is in second place and 12 shots back will likely pass Melo in Game 2 of the Finals. For now, Melo has the lead despite playing five fewer playoff games than LeBron and scoring 91 fewer points.
Only Michael Jordan (1989 and 1990) and Elgin Baylor (1961) led a postseason in field-goal attempts without making the Finals, but if he works hard this offseason, maybe Melo can join that list next year.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29