Jun 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
We’re in the midst of the NBA Finals, and Carmelo Anthony, whose Knicks were eliminated in the second round, still leads the league in playoff shots.
Melo attempted 310 field goals in his 12 games before the Pacers eliminated the Knicks.
LeBron, who is in second place and 12 shots back will likely pass Melo in Game 2 of the Finals. For now, Melo has the lead despite playing five fewer playoff games than LeBron and scoring 91 fewer points.
Only Michael Jordan (1989 and 1990) and Elgin Baylor (1961) led a postseason in field-goal attempts without making the Finals, but if he works hard this offseason, maybe Melo can join that list next year.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 9
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 9
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 9
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19