Jun 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
We’re in the midst of the NBA Finals, and Carmelo Anthony, whose Knicks were eliminated in the second round, still leads the league in playoff shots.
Melo attempted 310 field goals in his 12 games before the Pacers eliminated the Knicks.
LeBron, who is in second place and 12 shots back will likely pass Melo in Game 2 of the Finals. For now, Melo has the lead despite playing five fewer playoff games than LeBron and scoring 91 fewer points.
Only Michael Jordan (1989 and 1990) and Elgin Baylor (1961) led a postseason in field-goal attempts without making the Finals, but if he works hard this offseason, maybe Melo can join that list next year.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20