Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
Apparently, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive really likes how the Pacers were assembled.
Not only is Larry Bird a candidate to become Sacramento’s new general manager – though Bird didn’t meet with Ranadive today, according to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee – former Indiana general manager David Morway is also being considered. Sam Amick of USA TODAY:
The Sacramento Kings general manager search will continue Friday, when they are expected to interview former Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway.
According to a person with knowledge of the search, Morway will join the list of candidates still in the running for the job
The Kings are surely trying to glean what role Bird, who was the Pacers’ president, and Morway each played in building the Pacers, and Sacramento’s background checks on and interviews with each will generate information on the other. It’s definitely more efficient this way.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)