Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
Apparently, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive really likes how the Pacers were assembled.
Not only is Larry Bird a candidate to become Sacramento’s new general manager – though Bird didn’t meet with Ranadive today, according to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee – former Indiana general manager David Morway is also being considered. Sam Amick of USA TODAY:
The Sacramento Kings general manager search will continue Friday, when they are expected to interview former Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway.
According to a person with knowledge of the search, Morway will join the list of candidates still in the running for the job
The Kings are surely trying to glean what role Bird, who was the Pacers’ president, and Morway each played in building the Pacers, and Sacramento’s background checks on and interviews with each will generate information on the other. It’s definitely more efficient this way.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20