Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
Apparently, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive really likes how the Pacers were assembled.
Not only is Larry Bird a candidate to become Sacramento’s new general manager – though Bird didn’t meet with Ranadive today, according to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee – former Indiana general manager David Morway is also being considered. Sam Amick of USA TODAY:
The Sacramento Kings general manager search will continue Friday, when they are expected to interview former Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway.
According to a person with knowledge of the search, Morway will join the list of candidates still in the running for the job
The Kings are surely trying to glean what role Bird, who was the Pacers’ president, and Morway each played in building the Pacers, and Sacramento’s background checks on and interviews with each will generate information on the other. It’s definitely more efficient this way.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0