Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
Apparently, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive really likes how the Pacers were assembled.
Not only is Larry Bird a candidate to become Sacramento’s new general manager – though Bird didn’t meet with Ranadive today, according to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee – former Indiana general manager David Morway is also being considered. Sam Amick of USA TODAY:
The Sacramento Kings general manager search will continue Friday, when they are expected to interview former Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway.
According to a person with knowledge of the search, Morway will join the list of candidates still in the running for the job
The Kings are surely trying to glean what role Bird, who was the Pacers’ president, and Morway each played in building the Pacers, and Sacramento’s background checks on and interviews with each will generate information on the other. It’s definitely more efficient this way.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20