Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
Apparently, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive really likes how the Pacers were assembled.
Not only is Larry Bird a candidate to become Sacramento’s new general manager – though Bird didn’t meet with Ranadive today, according to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee – former Indiana general manager David Morway is also being considered. Sam Amick of USA TODAY:
The Sacramento Kings general manager search will continue Friday, when they are expected to interview former Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway.
According to a person with knowledge of the search, Morway will join the list of candidates still in the running for the job
The Kings are surely trying to glean what role Bird, who was the Pacers’ president, and Morway each played in building the Pacers, and Sacramento’s background checks on and interviews with each will generate information on the other. It’s definitely more efficient this way.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8