Jun 6, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
LeBron James entered the fourth quarter of Game 1 of the NBA Finals one assist shy of a triple-double, and he got it about five minutes into the period.
LeBron – who now has 12 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in this game – now has the last three triple-doubles in the NBA Finals, one in each of the last three years. He also has half of the triple-doubles in this year’s playoffs, with his two matching the one each from Pau Gasol and Paul George.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33