Jun 6, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
If you were willing to sit in the Bob Uecker seats, the nosebleed ones at the top of the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Monday you could have gotten tickets for face value. They didn’t instantly sell out.
As of Thursday afternoon, StubHub had tickets for the game for $159 if you didn’t mind sitting way up high.
But, if you want to be close to the action, it’s going to cost you.
“Usually the Spurs are a bad draw for us,” said ticket broker Michael Lipman, whose White Glove International handles requests from high-end clients — everyone from Arab sheikhs to Justin Bieber. “But I’m getting slaughtered from professional athletes — people with relationships with those guys — from around the world. I just sold some courtsides for $17,500.”
As in per ticket.
And you thought the Spurs wouldn’t be a draw.
As of Thursday afternoon, StubHub had multiple listings for tickets in the first 10 rows of regular season (not courtside) for $1,500 to $2,000 a seat. So that is more reasonable than courtside, I guess. It’s a little rich for my blood.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43