Jun 5, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Tracy McGrady has made it all the way to the NBA Finals. Finally.
One of the most promising players of his generation — a player of amazing talent, a two-tine scoring champion and seven-time All-Star who has battled injuries in recent years — joined the Spurs mid-season. The guy who never made it out of the first round before now finds himself getting a little mop-up duty (16 total minutes in 4 playoff games) on a team that has made it to the big dance. He should soak in the experience.
And when that dance is over, McGrady says his career may be as well.
McGrady turned 34 last a couple weeks ago, and after years of battling knee and shoulder injuries he spent much of the last season playing in China (where he is still a hero because of his years along side Yao Ming).
Maybe it’s time. If it is, we need to celebrate the player that was, because that player was one of the most entertaining to watch we have ever seen.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 9
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10