Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
I don’t know why the Grizzlies would allow one team and not the other, but perhaps they’re stalling. The Nets reportedly once saw Hollins as their top target, and though Brian Shaw has emerged as Brooklyn’s first choice du jour, Shaw reportedly prefers the Clippers.
So, if Memphis still has some hope of retaining Hollins, allowing him to speak with the Clippers seems much less costly than allowing him to speak with the Nets. This way, the Grizzlies can extend some courtesy while keep the window open to re-sign Hollins.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14