Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
I don’t know why the Grizzlies would allow one team and not the other, but perhaps they’re stalling. The Nets reportedly once saw Hollins as their top target, and though Brian Shaw has emerged as Brooklyn’s first choice du jour, Shaw reportedly prefers the Clippers.
So, if Memphis still has some hope of retaining Hollins, allowing him to speak with the Clippers seems much less costly than allowing him to speak with the Nets. This way, the Grizzlies can extend some courtesy while keep the window open to re-sign Hollins.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15