Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
I don’t know why the Grizzlies would allow one team and not the other, but perhaps they’re stalling. The Nets reportedly once saw Hollins as their top target, and though Brian Shaw has emerged as Brooklyn’s first choice du jour, Shaw reportedly prefers the Clippers.
So, if Memphis still has some hope of retaining Hollins, allowing him to speak with the Clippers seems much less costly than allowing him to speak with the Nets. This way, the Grizzlies can extend some courtesy while keep the window open to re-sign Hollins.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48