Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
I don’t know why the Grizzlies would allow one team and not the other, but perhaps they’re stalling. The Nets reportedly once saw Hollins as their top target, and though Brian Shaw has emerged as Brooklyn’s first choice du jour, Shaw reportedly prefers the Clippers.
So, if Memphis still has some hope of retaining Hollins, allowing him to speak with the Clippers seems much less costly than allowing him to speak with the Nets. This way, the Grizzlies can extend some courtesy while keep the window open to re-sign Hollins.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 4
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 12
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 28
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7