Jun 5, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
While Clippers were granted permission last night to talk with Hollins, the Nets have not received permission, according to a CA source—
Ronald Tillery (@CAGrizBlog) June 05, 2013
I don’t know why the Grizzlies would allow one team and not the other, but perhaps they’re stalling. The Nets reportedly once saw Hollins as their top target, and though Brian Shaw has emerged as Brooklyn’s first choice du jour, Shaw reportedly prefers the Clippers.
So, if Memphis still has some hope of retaining Hollins, allowing him to speak with the Clippers seems much less costly than allowing him to speak with the Nets. This way, the Grizzlies can extend some courtesy while keep the window open to re-sign Hollins.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23