Jun 5, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Yes, the Philadelphia 76ers did reach out and talk to Larry Brown.
But it’s not like that, it wasn’t what you think, reports CSNPhilly.com. This simply may have been a courtesy call.
Besides, much like Phil Jackson, if Brown returns to the NBA he doesn’t want to do the grind of coaching, he wants to have the power to run a team.
The source wasn’t certain how serious the interest is, or if teams are just paying respect to the Hall of Famer. The source said Brown is happy with his head coaching position at SMU but would be interested in possibly running an NBA franchise, calling the Sixers a natural fit because of Brown’s Philly connections.
Everybody wants to be Pat Riley, I guess.
The odds of anything happening with Brown are about as good as the Clippers hiring Vinny Del Negro back. Brown will be on the bench at SMU again next season.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37