Jun 5, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Yes, the Philadelphia 76ers did reach out and talk to Larry Brown.
But it’s not like that, it wasn’t what you think, reports CSNPhilly.com. This simply may have been a courtesy call.
Besides, much like Phil Jackson, if Brown returns to the NBA he doesn’t want to do the grind of coaching, he wants to have the power to run a team.
The source wasn’t certain how serious the interest is, or if teams are just paying respect to the Hall of Famer. The source said Brown is happy with his head coaching position at SMU but would be interested in possibly running an NBA franchise, calling the Sixers a natural fit because of Brown’s Philly connections.
Everybody wants to be Pat Riley, I guess.
The odds of anything happening with Brown are about as good as the Clippers hiring Vinny Del Negro back. Brown will be on the bench at SMU again next season.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18