Jun 5, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Yes, the Philadelphia 76ers did reach out and talk to Larry Brown.
But it’s not like that, it wasn’t what you think, reports CSNPhilly.com. This simply may have been a courtesy call.
Besides, much like Phil Jackson, if Brown returns to the NBA he doesn’t want to do the grind of coaching, he wants to have the power to run a team.
The source wasn’t certain how serious the interest is, or if teams are just paying respect to the Hall of Famer. The source said Brown is happy with his head coaching position at SMU but would be interested in possibly running an NBA franchise, calling the Sixers a natural fit because of Brown’s Philly connections.
Everybody wants to be Pat Riley, I guess.
The odds of anything happening with Brown are about as good as the Clippers hiring Vinny Del Negro back. Brown will be on the bench at SMU again next season.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82