Jun 5, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Yes, the Philadelphia 76ers did reach out and talk to Larry Brown.
But it’s not like that, it wasn’t what you think, reports CSNPhilly.com. This simply may have been a courtesy call.
Besides, much like Phil Jackson, if Brown returns to the NBA he doesn’t want to do the grind of coaching, he wants to have the power to run a team.
The source wasn’t certain how serious the interest is, or if teams are just paying respect to the Hall of Famer. The source said Brown is happy with his head coaching position at SMU but would be interested in possibly running an NBA franchise, calling the Sixers a natural fit because of Brown’s Philly connections.
Everybody wants to be Pat Riley, I guess.
The odds of anything happening with Brown are about as good as the Clippers hiring Vinny Del Negro back. Brown will be on the bench at SMU again next season.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48