Jun 5, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
“Sometimes you’ve got to eat a turd sandwich. Makes the rib eye taste better next time.”
—Shane Battier of the Miami Heat, talking about his decreasing role and eventual benching in Game 7 against the Pacers last round. Via the twitter of Tim Reynolds of the AP.
Battier lost his role as the Heat had to go big to match the size advantage of the Pacers. Look for Battier’s role to return more this series because of his defense, although if he keeps missing good look threes Erik Spoelstra will keep looking elsewhere.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10