Jun 5, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
“Sometimes you’ve got to eat a turd sandwich. Makes the rib eye taste better next time.”
—Shane Battier of the Miami Heat, talking about his decreasing role and eventual benching in Game 7 against the Pacers last round. Via the twitter of Tim Reynolds of the AP.
Battier lost his role as the Heat had to go big to match the size advantage of the Pacers. Look for Battier’s role to return more this series because of his defense, although if he keeps missing good look threes Erik Spoelstra will keep looking elsewhere.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 0
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21