Jun 5, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
“Sometimes you’ve got to eat a turd sandwich. Makes the rib eye taste better next time.”
—Shane Battier of the Miami Heat, talking about his decreasing role and eventual benching in Game 7 against the Pacers last round. Via the twitter of Tim Reynolds of the AP.
Battier lost his role as the Heat had to go big to match the size advantage of the Pacers. Look for Battier’s role to return more this series because of his defense, although if he keeps missing good look threes Erik Spoelstra will keep looking elsewhere.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30