Jun 5, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
“Sometimes you’ve got to eat a turd sandwich. Makes the rib eye taste better next time.”
—Shane Battier of the Miami Heat, talking about his decreasing role and eventual benching in Game 7 against the Pacers last round. Via the twitter of Tim Reynolds of the AP.
Battier lost his role as the Heat had to go big to match the size advantage of the Pacers. Look for Battier’s role to return more this series because of his defense, although if he keeps missing good look threes Erik Spoelstra will keep looking elsewhere.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11