Jun 5, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
“Sometimes you’ve got to eat a turd sandwich. Makes the rib eye taste better next time.”
—Shane Battier of the Miami Heat, talking about his decreasing role and eventual benching in Game 7 against the Pacers last round. Via the twitter of Tim Reynolds of the AP.
Battier lost his role as the Heat had to go big to match the size advantage of the Pacers. Look for Battier’s role to return more this series because of his defense, although if he keeps missing good look threes Erik Spoelstra will keep looking elsewhere.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17