Jun 5, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Mark Cuban was mad Jason Kidd left the Mavericks to sign with the Knicks, and the Dallas owner didn’t hide his feelings. Between saying “I was pissed” and “It hurt my feelings, period,” Cuban also said “I’m sure I’ll get over it at some point.”
That day has come.
During a call-in appearance on 105.3 The Fan’s Gavin & Chris “GBag Nation” show Tuesday evening, Kidd said Cuban sent him an email, congratulating him on his career and retirement.
“Yeah, Cube reached out and sent me a nice note,” Kidd said. “Cube is one of if not the best owner in sports and we were lucky to be with him when we won that championship.”
When asked whether Cuban dropped any hints about possibly retiring his jersey, Kidd said he thought about jokingly broaching the subject with Cuban.
“Since that was one of the first times we’ve talked,” Kidd said with a laugh, “I didn’t want to push it.”
Kidd won Rookie of the Year in Dallas, and then he returned to help the Mavericks win their first championship. He deserves to have his jersey retired.
But when Kidd signed with New York, Cuban said, “I wouldn’t put J-Kidd’s number in the rafters.” Hopefully, time will heal that wound, too.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29