Jun 5, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Mark Cuban was mad Jason Kidd left the Mavericks to sign with the Knicks, and the Dallas owner didn’t hide his feelings. Between saying “I was pissed” and “It hurt my feelings, period,” Cuban also said “I’m sure I’ll get over it at some point.”
That day has come.
During a call-in appearance on 105.3 The Fan’s Gavin & Chris “GBag Nation” show Tuesday evening, Kidd said Cuban sent him an email, congratulating him on his career and retirement.
“Yeah, Cube reached out and sent me a nice note,” Kidd said. “Cube is one of if not the best owner in sports and we were lucky to be with him when we won that championship.”
When asked whether Cuban dropped any hints about possibly retiring his jersey, Kidd said he thought about jokingly broaching the subject with Cuban.
“Since that was one of the first times we’ve talked,” Kidd said with a laugh, “I didn’t want to push it.”
Kidd won Rookie of the Year in Dallas, and then he returned to help the Mavericks win their first championship. He deserves to have his jersey retired.
But when Kidd signed with New York, Cuban said, “I wouldn’t put J-Kidd’s number in the rafters.” Hopefully, time will heal that wound, too.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70