Jun 5, 2013, 12:17 AM EST
If all you have ever seen of Jason Kidd is the guy from the last few years, from his second stint with the Dallas Mavericks and his short run with the Knicks… man, you missed out.
Kidd, who announced his retirement Monday, was the best point guard of his generation. Better than Nash, better than anyone you can think of from his generation. And this video that goes all the way back to some high school and college clips shows that.
Enjoy. And thank you Kidd, from those of us who love the game. You were a joy to watch.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)