Jun 5, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
If all you have ever seen of Jason Kidd is the guy from the last few years, from his second stint with the Dallas Mavericks and his short run with the Knicks… man, you missed out.
Kidd, who announced his retirement Monday, was the best point guard of his generation. Better than Nash, better than anyone you can think of from his generation. And this video that goes all the way back to some high school and college clips shows that.
Enjoy. And thank you Kidd, from those of us who love the game. You were a joy to watch.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7