Jun 5, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
We mentioned this before, but the Heat are older than the Spurs.
Using Basketball-Reference.com’s season age for each player and weighting for minutes played, the Heat’s average age is 30.0 during the playoffs. That makes them the NBA’s oldest postseason team this year.
The Spurs check in with an average age of 28.7 during the playoffs, which ranks as sixth-oldest.
1. Heat, 30.02. Celtics, 29.73. Knicks, 29.64. Lakers, 29.25. Clippers, 29.16. Spurs, 28.77. Nets, 28.58. Grizzlies, 27.99. Bulls, 27.510. Hawks, 27.311. Thunder, 26.912. Nuggets, 26.413. Bucks, 26.114. Pacers, 25.615. Rockets, 25.416. Warriors, 24.6
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23