Jun 4, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
Whenever I attend a news conference, I set my phone to vibrate. Then, while waiting for the news conference to begin, I check my phone again to make sure I set it correctly. And if the wait is long enough, I check my phone a few more times to make sure I didn’t imagine my previous checks or somehow undo something in my pocket.
But if my spouse was the reason all the reporters assembled, maybe I wouldn’t be so paranoid about interrupting.
For new Bucks coach Larry Drew’s wife, she should have been.
Drew prompted a few more chuckles just minutes later when Sharon’s cellphone went off. “That’s a fine,” Drew said to his wife, who was once a cheerleader at the University of Washington. “That will be a fine.”
After the Scott Skiles regime, Milwaukee players might have been hoping for more leniency, and maybe they’ll get it. But they shouldn’t count on it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32