Jun 4, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
Whenever I attend a news conference, I set my phone to vibrate. Then, while waiting for the news conference to begin, I check my phone again to make sure I set it correctly. And if the wait is long enough, I check my phone a few more times to make sure I didn’t imagine my previous checks or somehow undo something in my pocket.
But if my spouse was the reason all the reporters assembled, maybe I wouldn’t be so paranoid about interrupting.
For new Bucks coach Larry Drew’s wife, she should have been.
Drew prompted a few more chuckles just minutes later when Sharon’s cellphone went off. “That’s a fine,” Drew said to his wife, who was once a cheerleader at the University of Washington. “That will be a fine.”
After the Scott Skiles regime, Milwaukee players might have been hoping for more leniency, and maybe they’ll get it. But they shouldn’t count on it.
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 19
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 18