Jun 4, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Whenever I attend a news conference, I set my phone to vibrate. Then, while waiting for the news conference to begin, I check my phone again to make sure I set it correctly. And if the wait is long enough, I check my phone a few more times to make sure I didn’t imagine my previous checks or somehow undo something in my pocket.
But if my spouse was the reason all the reporters assembled, maybe I wouldn’t be so paranoid about interrupting.
For new Bucks coach Larry Drew’s wife, she should have been.
Drew prompted a few more chuckles just minutes later when Sharon’s cellphone went off. “That’s a fine,” Drew said to his wife, who was once a cheerleader at the University of Washington. “That will be a fine.”
After the Scott Skiles regime, Milwaukee players might have been hoping for more leniency, and maybe they’ll get it. But they shouldn’t count on it.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 6
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 8
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31