Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
The Kings’ recently hired coach, Michael Malone, gives Sacramento fans their reason. Malone was an assistant with the Hornets when Paul played for them. Via Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
“Obviously, Chris would look pretty good in a Sacramento Kings uniform without a doubt,” Malone said. “He’s a great friend, somebody I had a great relationship with when I spent time with him in New Orleans. We stay in touch. He’s got a lot of things going on right now. As I told him recently, I care about him. I hope he’s okay, and whatever decision he makes is best for him and his family, and I’ll always be rooting for him.”
First of all, the Kings could renounce all their free agents, and they still wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer Paul a maximum contract. Second of all, there’s no way Paul wants to sign with the lowly Kings, even if he likes Malone.
Perhaps, Malone was just making a fashion statement, saying black and purple would complement Paul well. With all due respect to purple-hating Uni Watch, with whom I mostly agree, that’s the most logical theory.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4