Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
The Kings’ recently hired coach, Michael Malone, gives Sacramento fans their reason. Malone was an assistant with the Hornets when Paul played for them. Via Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
“Obviously, Chris would look pretty good in a Sacramento Kings uniform without a doubt,” Malone said. “He’s a great friend, somebody I had a great relationship with when I spent time with him in New Orleans. We stay in touch. He’s got a lot of things going on right now. As I told him recently, I care about him. I hope he’s okay, and whatever decision he makes is best for him and his family, and I’ll always be rooting for him.”
First of all, the Kings could renounce all their free agents, and they still wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer Paul a maximum contract. Second of all, there’s no way Paul wants to sign with the lowly Kings, even if he likes Malone.
Perhaps, Malone was just making a fashion statement, saying black and purple would complement Paul well. With all due respect to purple-hating Uni Watch, with whom I mostly agree, that’s the most logical theory.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4