Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
The Kings’ recently hired coach, Michael Malone, gives Sacramento fans their reason. Malone was an assistant with the Hornets when Paul played for them. Via Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
“Obviously, Chris would look pretty good in a Sacramento Kings uniform without a doubt,” Malone said. “He’s a great friend, somebody I had a great relationship with when I spent time with him in New Orleans. We stay in touch. He’s got a lot of things going on right now. As I told him recently, I care about him. I hope he’s okay, and whatever decision he makes is best for him and his family, and I’ll always be rooting for him.”
First of all, the Kings could renounce all their free agents, and they still wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer Paul a maximum contract. Second of all, there’s no way Paul wants to sign with the lowly Kings, even if he likes Malone.
Perhaps, Malone was just making a fashion statement, saying black and purple would complement Paul well. With all due respect to purple-hating Uni Watch, with whom I mostly agree, that’s the most logical theory.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16