Jun 3, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Pendergraph shoved Cole as Cole attempted to fight through a Pendergraph screen, and both postured at each other to indicate they weren’t afraid of throwing down. Unless Cole said something, it didn’t appear he did anything to warrant an ejection. Must he immediately retreat once Pendergraph pushes him? I don’t think that’s a fair standard.
More likely, the officials just wanted to prevent a clearly frustrated Pacers team from escalating the problem and diffused the situation by ejecting both players.
As the players waited for the referees to sort out the problem, Pendergraph started jawing with Flo Rida’s manager, according to Craig Sager. The manager was ejected from the arena, and Flo Rida ensured he left in a timely fashion, Sager said.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29