Jun 3, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Pendergraph shoved Cole as Cole attempted to fight through a Pendergraph screen, and both postured at each other to indicate they weren’t afraid of throwing down. Unless Cole said something, it didn’t appear he did anything to warrant an ejection. Must he immediately retreat once Pendergraph pushes him? I don’t think that’s a fair standard.
More likely, the officials just wanted to prevent a clearly frustrated Pacers team from escalating the problem and diffused the situation by ejecting both players.
As the players waited for the referees to sort out the problem, Pendergraph started jawing with Flo Rida’s manager, according to Craig Sager. The manager was ejected from the arena, and Flo Rida ensured he left in a timely fashion, Sager said.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 10
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 9
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 18