Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
My only question is: Did Metta World Peace make the recommendation?
In his quest to get over his free throw shooting woes this season — 49.2 percent — Howard admitted to T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times that he saw the team’s psychologist about it.
“I have only one problem and it’s between my ears,” he said, while admitting he visited a Lakers’ psychiatrist. “I just think too much.”
Howard has said that before — it’s not form, it’s in his mind. And you see when teams have gone to the hack-a-Howard strategy and just fouled him over and over he gets his rhythm going and starts to sink a respectable percentage of his free throws.
Of course, that doesn’t mean he’s doing a lot better at it. Howard took on the writer’s daughter — a stay at home mom who had to Google who Howard was — in a free throw contest and lost. Of course, he shot left handed to make sure she won and then he donated $5,000 to a charity of her choosing, but still, there is video.
Here are the other two nuggets out of that Howard piece.
First, he artfully dodged all questions about his future and where he might land.
What he did after the season is went fishing. Somehow that will piss off a group of Lakers fans.
“You just can’t please people,” Howard said. “I catch fish and it’s a problem. People were upset I was out having fun; they thought I should be sitting in a room all upset because we lost.
“I am upset, but I’m not going to stop living life. I couldn’t watch the playoffs I was so ticked. Everywhere I went I saw a Tim Duncan jersey, and you know how much I hated that.”
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 5
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 23
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 66
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36