Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
My only question is: Did Metta World Peace make the recommendation?
In his quest to get over his free throw shooting woes this season — 49.2 percent — Howard admitted to T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times that he saw the team’s psychologist about it.
“I have only one problem and it’s between my ears,” he said, while admitting he visited a Lakers’ psychiatrist. “I just think too much.”
Howard has said that before — it’s not form, it’s in his mind. And you see when teams have gone to the hack-a-Howard strategy and just fouled him over and over he gets his rhythm going and starts to sink a respectable percentage of his free throws.
Of course, that doesn’t mean he’s doing a lot better at it. Howard took on the writer’s daughter — a stay at home mom who had to Google who Howard was — in a free throw contest and lost. Of course, he shot left handed to make sure she won and then he donated $5,000 to a charity of her choosing, but still, there is video.
Here are the other two nuggets out of that Howard piece.
First, he artfully dodged all questions about his future and where he might land.
What he did after the season is went fishing. Somehow that will piss off a group of Lakers fans.
“You just can’t please people,” Howard said. “I catch fish and it’s a problem. People were upset I was out having fun; they thought I should be sitting in a room all upset because we lost.
“I am upset, but I’m not going to stop living life. I couldn’t watch the playoffs I was so ticked. Everywhere I went I saw a Tim Duncan jersey, and you know how much I hated that.”
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5