NBA players react to the retirement of Grant Hill

Jun 2, 2013, 6:30 PM EST

Grant Hill_WOF

After 19 seasons in the NBA, Grant Hill announced his retirement Saturday.

On the court, his legacy is “what might have been,” but off the court you will be hard pressed to find a player better liked by teammates and league executives.

That came through when NBA players went to twitter after they heard the news about Hill.

1. daddyghi - Jun 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

back when i was in junior high, i was the only one rooting for this guy when everyone else in our school goes for glen Robinson as the next big thing after jordan. i guess everyone is wrong. i could have been right if it wasnt for his injuries… And by the way, i still have that Fila GH4 in our attic! Salute to you Grant Hill! one of my childhood idol!

• fanofevilempire - Jun 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM

top dog as a Dukie baby,,,,,,,,

remember that dunk in the championship game, he made extension to bring the ball
      back with his right hand and threw it down as he floated, most beautiful thing I ever
      saw on a court.must be those piano lessons.

who made the pass to Christian Laetner against the Kentucky Wildcats?

he had a tight flat top too!

2. cmcgly - Jun 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

He was money in nba courtside for Nintendo 64

3. scmems07 - Jun 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Hmmm, wonder why jalen rose, Chris Weber and juwon Howard haven’t wished him well yet…..

4. reasonablemindsays - Jun 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM

wow I forgot Josh Childress still exists

• badintent - Jun 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM

He survived the batteries and bags of dog do-do throw at him playing in Greece. No wonder that place is bankrupted !

5. adm350 - Jun 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

19 year. No arrests, no paternity suits, no drugs, no fights, nothing bad I ever heard. A true pro and mentor. Congrats

• badintent - Jun 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM

And I bet he has most of his Money too. Duke smart, his old man Harvard smart. I see him going into the NBA office, replacing Stu Jackson would be a huge Upgrade.

6. gostlcards5 - Jun 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I’m an IU fan, and I hated Duke in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Despite that, I could never find a reason to dislike Grant Hill. Great guy, with class and an incredible game…it is a true shame that because of the injuries, we never know what he could’ve been.

7. much6in23the24clutch7 - Jun 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Even with a huge injury , still came back and played ball like a true pro.
    Good luck grant

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches