Jun 1, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
In advance of Game 6 on Saturday, both the player and Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra gave their thoughts on the situation.
“We have to accept it and move on, it’s irrelevant whether we agree or disagree,” Spoelstra said, via Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. “I had a discussion with (Andersen) and that’s between he and I.”
Andersen, meanwhile, was fully accountable for the way he acted, but said the suspension wasn’t going to impact the way he plays the game.
“It was their decision, that was their decision and it is what it is,” Andersen said. “I have to deal with the repercussions of it. … It was the heat of the moment, the heat of the battle pushed me out of my comfort zone and got out of my composure. Now I’m dealing with it.
“I can’t regret anything. I’m not going to change who I am or how I play. I just have to keep my composure better.”
That last part is especially true.
Andersen now has three points under the NBA’s flagrant foul system, after his Game 5 antics were upgraded to a flagrant two to go along with the flagrant one he received during the series against the Bulls.
One more flagrant foul from Andersen — whether ruled to be the case during the game, or whether a foul is upgraded by the league office after review days later — will result in an additional one-game suspension.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 5
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)