Jun 1, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This isn’t cause for alarm for Pacers fans, but it is something worth watching.
From the team’s official Twitter feed:
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) June 1, 2013
A slowed or ineffective West would obviously mean more time that the bench would have to contribute, and that wouldn’t be a good sign for Indiana’s chances.
Tyler Hansbrough and Ian Mahinmi are the only options for the Pacers in terms of replacing West at his position, and outside of Lance Stephenson, Indiana has relied heavily on its starters to get the job done against the Heat.
West is averaging 18.2 points and 8.4 rebounds while playing 39.6 minutes per game against Miami in this series.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 64
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 44
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 49
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 61
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 41