Jun 1, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This isn’t cause for alarm for Pacers fans, but it is something worth watching.
From the team’s official Twitter feed:
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) June 1, 2013
A slowed or ineffective West would obviously mean more time that the bench would have to contribute, and that wouldn’t be a good sign for Indiana’s chances.
Tyler Hansbrough and Ian Mahinmi are the only options for the Pacers in terms of replacing West at his position, and outside of Lance Stephenson, Indiana has relied heavily on its starters to get the job done against the Heat.
West is averaging 18.2 points and 8.4 rebounds while playing 39.6 minutes per game against Miami in this series.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18