Jun 1, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
This isn’t cause for alarm for Pacers fans, but it is something worth watching.
From the team’s official Twitter feed:
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) June 1, 2013
A slowed or ineffective West would obviously mean more time that the bench would have to contribute, and that wouldn’t be a good sign for Indiana’s chances.
Tyler Hansbrough and Ian Mahinmi are the only options for the Pacers in terms of replacing West at his position, and outside of Lance Stephenson, Indiana has relied heavily on its starters to get the job done against the Heat.
West is averaging 18.2 points and 8.4 rebounds while playing 39.6 minutes per game against Miami in this series.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6