May 31, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
I’m not sure what the officials in Game 5 were looking at — Chris Andersen body checked Tyler Hansbrough then shoved him. Yet all he got was a Flagrant 1. The precedent here was pretty clear from the Nazr Mohammed shove of LeBron James in the last round — the Birdman should have been ejected.
Here is the money quote:
“I do think he should have been ejected. I looked at the replays and, it seems to me, there was no immediate push or shove of him, he just hauled off and knocked down Tyler Hansbrough. I don’t know what he was doing. And then he pushed him. And then he did not go gracefully to the bench.”
Stern then says a “serious review of activities” should happen and to “stay tuned.”
If you had any doubt the league will be upgrading this to a Flagrant 2 and Andersen will be suspended from Game 6, this should erase it. Look for that news to come down soon.
Again, you can hear the full interview with Stern Sunday at 8 a.m. Eastern, either on your local NBC Sports Radio affiliate, or at NBCSportsRadio.com.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 38
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17