May 31, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
I’m not sure what the officials in Game 5 were looking at — Chris Andersen body checked Tyler Hansbrough then shoved him. Yet all he got was a Flagrant 1. The precedent here was pretty clear from the Nazr Mohammed shove of LeBron James in the last round — the Birdman should have been ejected.
Here is the money quote:
“I do think he should have been ejected. I looked at the replays and, it seems to me, there was no immediate push or shove of him, he just hauled off and knocked down Tyler Hansbrough. I don’t know what he was doing. And then he pushed him. And then he did not go gracefully to the bench.”
Stern then says a “serious review of activities” should happen and to “stay tuned.”
If you had any doubt the league will be upgrading this to a Flagrant 2 and Andersen will be suspended from Game 6, this should erase it. Look for that news to come down soon.
Again, you can hear the full interview with Stern Sunday at 8 a.m. Eastern, either on your local NBC Sports Radio affiliate, or at NBCSportsRadio.com.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11