May 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Then he fractured a bone in his foot and was out.
Turns out that fracture required surgery that could keep him out through training camp reports Howard Chen of CSNHouston.com.
He could be back for the start of camp, or he could miss some and be eased back in depending on how everything heals. With the Rockets style of play he brings value off the bench because he can space the floor with his three point shooting (and you need that with James Harden and Jeremy Lin slashing into the paint).
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 1
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 10
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13