May 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Then he fractured a bone in his foot and was out.
Turns out that fracture required surgery that could keep him out through training camp reports Howard Chen of CSNHouston.com.
He could be back for the start of camp, or he could miss some and be eased back in depending on how everything heals. With the Rockets style of play he brings value off the bench because he can space the floor with his three point shooting (and you need that with James Harden and Jeremy Lin slashing into the paint).
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12