May 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EST
Then he fractured a bone in his foot and was out.
Turns out that fracture required surgery that could keep him out through training camp reports Howard Chen of CSNHouston.com.
He could be back for the start of camp, or he could miss some and be eased back in depending on how everything heals. With the Rockets style of play he brings value off the bench because he can space the floor with his three point shooting (and you need that with James Harden and Jeremy Lin slashing into the paint).
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)