May 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Then he fractured a bone in his foot and was out.
Turns out that fracture required surgery that could keep him out through training camp reports Howard Chen of CSNHouston.com.
He could be back for the start of camp, or he could miss some and be eased back in depending on how everything heals. With the Rockets style of play he brings value off the bench because he can space the floor with his three point shooting (and you need that with James Harden and Jeremy Lin slashing into the paint).
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48