May 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Then he fractured a bone in his foot and was out.
Turns out that fracture required surgery that could keep him out through training camp reports Howard Chen of CSNHouston.com.
He could be back for the start of camp, or he could miss some and be eased back in depending on how everything heals. With the Rockets style of play he brings value off the bench because he can space the floor with his three point shooting (and you need that with James Harden and Jeremy Lin slashing into the paint).
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 0
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 6
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20