May 30, 2013, 3:16 AM EST
The first reports were the Clippers were looking for a big name, veteran coach to put in the big chair — Nate McMillan, Lionel Hollins, Stan Van Gundy (a longer shot), maybe Alvin Gentry.
But the top assistants are getting a look, too. Brian Shaw of the Pacers was mentioned, and if you’re looking for a guy who has been around teams at the level the Clippers want to be at he has to be considered.
Then there is Mike Malone — the well-respected lead assistant of the Golden State Warriors who Chris Paul liked when he played in New Orleans and Malone was the lead assistant. And what Chris Paul wants… take it away Sam Amick of the USA Today.
The Clippers coaching search can be a little hard to predict because in the end Donald Sterling likes to meet with the candidates and make the final decision personally. Malone is in the mix, that’s all we can really say.
Well, that and expect the Clippers to take their time with this search.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39