May 30, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On twitter and in the comments of this blog, the anti-LeBron James forces have been begging for him fined by the league for flopping. They wanted it so bad they can taste it.
They got it. They are going to celebrate this like the defeat of Sauron.
LeBron James and David West were both fined $5,000 by the league for flopping by the league on the double-flop play you see above during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Look under the basket in the video, where LeBron is covering West — when West goes to post up the two make contact then both of them flop to the ground like there was a sniper in the grassy knoll.
Good call by the league, they both earned it. That was some bad acting.
But don’t expect this to stop either of them from trying to sell calls in the future — the Heat and Pacers are in a hard-fought 2-2 series and LeBron has said selling calls is no big deal.
In addition, West’s foul on Dwyane Wade with 5:57 left in Game 4 was upgraded to a flagrant-1 by the league.
- It’s official: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 0
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 43
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 28
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 29
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0