May 30, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On twitter and in the comments of this blog, the anti-LeBron James forces have been begging for him fined by the league for flopping. They wanted it so bad they can taste it.
They got it. They are going to celebrate this like the defeat of Sauron.
LeBron James and David West were both fined $5,000 by the league for flopping by the league on the double-flop play you see above during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Look under the basket in the video, where LeBron is covering West — when West goes to post up the two make contact then both of them flop to the ground like there was a sniper in the grassy knoll.
Good call by the league, they both earned it. That was some bad acting.
But don’t expect this to stop either of them from trying to sell calls in the future — the Heat and Pacers are in a hard-fought 2-2 series and LeBron has said selling calls is no big deal.
In addition, West’s foul on Dwyane Wade with 5:57 left in Game 4 was upgraded to a flagrant-1 by the league.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 10
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 52
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3