May 30, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On twitter and in the comments of this blog, the anti-LeBron James forces have been begging for him fined by the league for flopping. They wanted it so bad they can taste it.
They got it. They are going to celebrate this like the defeat of Sauron.
LeBron James and David West were both fined $5,000 by the league for flopping by the league on the double-flop play you see above during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Look under the basket in the video, where LeBron is covering West — when West goes to post up the two make contact then both of them flop to the ground like there was a sniper in the grassy knoll.
Good call by the league, they both earned it. That was some bad acting.
But don’t expect this to stop either of them from trying to sell calls in the future — the Heat and Pacers are in a hard-fought 2-2 series and LeBron has said selling calls is no big deal.
In addition, West’s foul on Dwyane Wade with 5:57 left in Game 4 was upgraded to a flagrant-1 by the league.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17