May 30, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On twitter and in the comments of this blog, the anti-LeBron James forces have been begging for him fined by the league for flopping. They wanted it so bad they can taste it.
They got it. They are going to celebrate this like the defeat of Sauron.
LeBron James and David West were both fined $5,000 by the league for flopping by the league on the double-flop play you see above during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Look under the basket in the video, where LeBron is covering West — when West goes to post up the two make contact then both of them flop to the ground like there was a sniper in the grassy knoll.
Good call by the league, they both earned it. That was some bad acting.
But don’t expect this to stop either of them from trying to sell calls in the future — the Heat and Pacers are in a hard-fought 2-2 series and LeBron has said selling calls is no big deal.
In addition, West’s foul on Dwyane Wade with 5:57 left in Game 4 was upgraded to a flagrant-1 by the league.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58