May 30, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Bob Costas remains one of the best interviewers out there so when he sat down with the always honest Jerry West, you knew it was going to be good.
Costas asks the current Golden State executive if his 1972 Lakers championship team — which had Wilt Chamberlain in the paint — could have beaten the current Miami Heat team. (That would be a fun series.) They talk defending LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. And they talk about the legacy of Pat Riley.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8