May 30, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Bob Costas remains one of the best interviewers out there so when he sat down with the always honest Jerry West, you knew it was going to be good.
Costas asks the current Golden State executive if his 1972 Lakers championship team — which had Wilt Chamberlain in the paint — could have beaten the current Miami Heat team. (That would be a fun series.) They talk defending LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. And they talk about the legacy of Pat Riley.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30