May 30, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
NBA Rookies are paid on the low end of the NBA scale, but it’s not quite “I need to pick up a side job” money either.
Yet there was Celtics big man Jared Sullinger working at a Taco Bell Wednesday.
Jared Sullinger became the latest professional athlete to join the effort to support the victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings on Wednesday. The Celtics forward thought outside the bun and worked a shift at Taco Bell, selling $1 Doritos Locos Tacos. The proceeds from the tacos benefited The One Fund Boston.
I’m pretty sure Doritos Locos Tacos are not on the list of things that the Celtics nutritionist wants Sullinger to eat a lot of to help his recovery. Well, unless they’re the Cool Ranch ones. That’s different.
Good on Sullinger for this.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20