May 30, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
NBA Rookies are paid on the low end of the NBA scale, but it’s not quite “I need to pick up a side job” money either.
Yet there was Celtics big man Jared Sullinger working at a Taco Bell Wednesday.
Jared Sullinger became the latest professional athlete to join the effort to support the victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings on Wednesday. The Celtics forward thought outside the bun and worked a shift at Taco Bell, selling $1 Doritos Locos Tacos. The proceeds from the tacos benefited The One Fund Boston.
I’m pretty sure Doritos Locos Tacos are not on the list of things that the Celtics nutritionist wants Sullinger to eat a lot of to help his recovery. Well, unless they’re the Cool Ranch ones. That’s different.
Good on Sullinger for this.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 0
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 9
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 22
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 4