May 30, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
NBA Rookies are paid on the low end of the NBA scale, but it’s not quite “I need to pick up a side job” money either.
Yet there was Celtics big man Jared Sullinger working at a Taco Bell Wednesday.
Jared Sullinger became the latest professional athlete to join the effort to support the victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings on Wednesday. The Celtics forward thought outside the bun and worked a shift at Taco Bell, selling $1 Doritos Locos Tacos. The proceeds from the tacos benefited The One Fund Boston.
I’m pretty sure Doritos Locos Tacos are not on the list of things that the Celtics nutritionist wants Sullinger to eat a lot of to help his recovery. Well, unless they’re the Cool Ranch ones. That’s different.
Good on Sullinger for this.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7