May 30, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
NBA Rookies are paid on the low end of the NBA scale, but it’s not quite “I need to pick up a side job” money either.
Yet there was Celtics big man Jared Sullinger working at a Taco Bell Wednesday.
Jared Sullinger became the latest professional athlete to join the effort to support the victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings on Wednesday. The Celtics forward thought outside the bun and worked a shift at Taco Bell, selling $1 Doritos Locos Tacos. The proceeds from the tacos benefited The One Fund Boston.
I’m pretty sure Doritos Locos Tacos are not on the list of things that the Celtics nutritionist wants Sullinger to eat a lot of to help his recovery. Well, unless they’re the Cool Ranch ones. That’s different.
Good on Sullinger for this.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20