May 30, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
NBA Rookies are paid on the low end of the NBA scale, but it’s not quite “I need to pick up a side job” money either.
Yet there was Celtics big man Jared Sullinger working at a Taco Bell Wednesday.
Jared Sullinger became the latest professional athlete to join the effort to support the victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings on Wednesday. The Celtics forward thought outside the bun and worked a shift at Taco Bell, selling $1 Doritos Locos Tacos. The proceeds from the tacos benefited The One Fund Boston.
I’m pretty sure Doritos Locos Tacos are not on the list of things that the Celtics nutritionist wants Sullinger to eat a lot of to help his recovery. Well, unless they’re the Cool Ranch ones. That’s different.
Good on Sullinger for this.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 44
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8