May 30, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
It’s not the Pacers. It’s not the Bulls. It’s not the Bucks.
At this point, it’s Dwyane Wade.
Wade is struggling to score in these playoffs, and his knee seems like a logical explanation. He’s not moving particularly well, and that hasn’t changed regardless of opponent.
Three of Wade’s four lowest-scoring playoff series have occurred in 2013.
Wade is scoring fewer points per game and per minute and attempting fewer free throws per game and per minute than any other postseason in his career. He’s struggling to create for himself, though LeBron James is keeping the Heat afloat.
LeBron has become an absolute offensive terror inside. He’s shooting 69-for-
Part of the reason LeBron has been so successful near the rim is Miami’s outside shooting spaces the floor for him. The Heat have attempted 3-pointers on a higher percentage of their playoff shots than any other conference finalist.
But Wade doesn’t help there. He’s taken only one 3-pointer in the entire post season.
There’s no doubt Wade is more talented than Battier, Chalmers and Allen, but if Wade can’t show it, he’s not the best fit with LeBron.
This puts even more pressure on Chris Bosh. When Wade shoots 5-for-15 in Game 4, Bosh scoring a playoff-low seven points on 1-of-6 shooting won’t cut it.
Bosh and LeBron are good enough to carry an ailing Wade into the NBA Finals if they’re firing on all cylinders, and that might be what they need to do.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6