May 30, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
David Lee strained his hip flexor in the first round and was out, except for a couple Willis Reed-like appearances. He wasn’t moving very well.
But he should be ready to go for training camp after getting surgery on his hip on Wednesday. Lee made the surgery public by posting the picture you see to your right on Instagram.
Lee had a huge season for Golden State. He averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds per game during and was selected as the team’s first All-Star since 1997. He was a key part of their best rotations all season, although without him they went small and, thanks to a healthy Andrew Bogut, got past Denver in the playoffs then pushed San Antonio to six games.
Still, if the Warriors are going to take a step forward next year Lee will need to be part of it.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4