May 30, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
David Lee strained his hip flexor in the first round and was out, except for a couple Willis Reed-like appearances. He wasn’t moving very well.
But he should be ready to go for training camp after getting surgery on his hip on Wednesday. Lee made the surgery public by posting the picture you see to your right on Instagram.
Lee had a huge season for Golden State. He averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds per game during and was selected as the team’s first All-Star since 1997. He was a key part of their best rotations all season, although without him they went small and, thanks to a healthy Andrew Bogut, got past Denver in the playoffs then pushed San Antonio to six games.
Still, if the Warriors are going to take a step forward next year Lee will need to be part of it.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 10
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 9
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 18