May 30, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
David Lee strained his hip flexor in the first round and was out, except for a couple Willis Reed-like appearances. He wasn’t moving very well.
But he should be ready to go for training camp after getting surgery on his hip on Wednesday. Lee made the surgery public by posting the picture you see to your right on Instagram.
Lee had a huge season for Golden State. He averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds per game during and was selected as the team’s first All-Star since 1997. He was a key part of their best rotations all season, although without him they went small and, thanks to a healthy Andrew Bogut, got past Denver in the playoffs then pushed San Antonio to six games.
Still, if the Warriors are going to take a step forward next year Lee will need to be part of it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 2
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11