May 30, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
David Lee strained his hip flexor in the first round and was out, except for a couple Willis Reed-like appearances. He wasn’t moving very well.
But he should be ready to go for training camp after getting surgery on his hip on Wednesday. Lee made the surgery public by posting the picture you see to your right on Instagram.
Lee had a huge season for Golden State. He averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds per game during and was selected as the team’s first All-Star since 1997. He was a key part of their best rotations all season, although without him they went small and, thanks to a healthy Andrew Bogut, got past Denver in the playoffs then pushed San Antonio to six games.
Still, if the Warriors are going to take a step forward next year Lee will need to be part of it.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 51
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3