May 30, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
David Lee strained his hip flexor in the first round and was out, except for a couple Willis Reed-like appearances. He wasn’t moving very well.
But he should be ready to go for training camp after getting surgery on his hip on Wednesday. Lee made the surgery public by posting the picture you see to your right on Instagram.
Lee had a huge season for Golden State. He averaged 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds per game during and was selected as the team’s first All-Star since 1997. He was a key part of their best rotations all season, although without him they went small and, thanks to a healthy Andrew Bogut, got past Denver in the playoffs then pushed San Antonio to six games.
Still, if the Warriors are going to take a step forward next year Lee will need to be part of it.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36