May 29, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
If you had seen the Pacers play this season — which large swaths of casual basketball fans had not — you would have known this would be a tough series for the Heat. We didn’t expect them to score like this, but we did think this was a resilient bunch that would not go quietly into that good night.
But listen to these Pacers talk after the game and you hear confidence — they don’t think it’s an accident it’s 2-2 and they believe they can and will win this series. And against the Heat that is a big first step.
Having Roy Hibbert in the paint helps, too.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30