May 29, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
If you had seen the Pacers play this season — which large swaths of casual basketball fans had not — you would have known this would be a tough series for the Heat. We didn’t expect them to score like this, but we did think this was a resilient bunch that would not go quietly into that good night.
But listen to these Pacers talk after the game and you hear confidence — they don’t think it’s an accident it’s 2-2 and they believe they can and will win this series. And against the Heat that is a big first step.
Having Roy Hibbert in the paint helps, too.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48