Pacers talk beating Heat, tying series — they are confident (VIDEO)

May 29, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT

If you had seen the Pacers play this season — which large swaths of casual basketball fans had not — you would have known this would be a tough series for the Heat. We didn’t expect them to score like this, but we did think this was a resilient bunch that would not go quietly into that good night.

But listen to these Pacers talk after the game and you hear confidence — they don’t think it’s an accident it’s 2-2 and they believe they can and will win this series. And against the Heat that is a big first step.

Having Roy Hibbert in the paint helps, too.

1. logisticalvoices - May 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

You’ve got to admit, that Spurs vs. Pacers would be an exciting finals matchup as well. The TV ratings may not be there and David Stern may be pulling out the hair he has left, but it would be fun to watch.

• zacksdad - May 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Stern will not allow it to happen. Pacers would have to play lights out to overcome the refs under Stern’s watch.

• logisticalvoices - May 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Have you watched any of the series yet? The refs aren’t exactly handing the series to the Heat…

2. davidly - May 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I, for one (amongst what I’m sure is many), knew that Indiana could score on the Heat. Granted, the 93 points per game against the Heat during the regular season was below even their season average, but their bench, despite being pretty thin against teams in general, managed to outproduce the Heat in head-to-heads this regular season.

I was hoping they’d be able to take it to the rack via West and Hibbert even more than they have (and their reserve big guys, who also matched up well during the regular season), but this is the playoffs, after all.

No matter. Now I don’t have to desperately hope for a game 5 win on the road, cuz we’re coming back home, baby!

3. kicksave1980 - May 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Glad to see they’re confident in the face of just about every media personality in the Western world saying they have absolutely no shot. I love it, because people act like the Pacers should just roll over for King James and the Heat. Look at the controversy before the series with the “just another team in our way” comment, as if they weren’t supposed to think they would win…how dare they?!

Go ahead on, Pacers. Keep your foot on the gas pedal and don’t give ‘em an inch.

4. logisticalvoices - May 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Any of you giddy Pacer fans want to add a comment here about your boy Ron?

• udogg - May 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Ron who?

• stlouis1baseball - May 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Ron? Who the hell is Ron?

• logisticalvoices - May 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My bad…I was trying to comment on the Ron Artest article from my phone.

I just gave myself a thumbs down.

• stlouis1baseball - May 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM

No problem. I was just racking my brain trying to figure who Ron was.

5. sportsfan18 - May 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM