May 29, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
If you had seen the Pacers play this season — which large swaths of casual basketball fans had not — you would have known this would be a tough series for the Heat. We didn’t expect them to score like this, but we did think this was a resilient bunch that would not go quietly into that good night.
But listen to these Pacers talk after the game and you hear confidence — they don’t think it’s an accident it’s 2-2 and they believe they can and will win this series. And against the Heat that is a big first step.
Having Roy Hibbert in the paint helps, too.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12