May 29, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
“Once upon a time, I was drinking in the locker room at half time of a Bulls game, when…”
When you put your precious young son or daughter to bed at night, don’t you want the thoughts of Metta World Peace in their head?
Well, now you can have it — World Peace has written a children’s book, “Metta’s Bedtime Stories.” You can buy it right now and be reading it tomorrow. (Thanks to Mark Medina at the LA Daily News for finding this gem.)
The stories include “Tomorrow,” “Reach for the Sky,” “One Wish,” “Mud in My Bed,” and “I’m Afraid of the Dark.”
Metta’s got some child in him — the man wore a Cookie Monster T-shirt to his exit interview with the team GM. So maybe this works, these could be good and teach good lessons. (I’m not going to condemn what I haven’t read… except for anything by Dan Brown.)
Honestly, I’ve always found talking to World Peace like talking to a good-hearted adolescent. He means well, but says what he thinks and sometimes does what he wants without the filters that many of us mature into. That’s not a bad thing. That makes him an interesting teammate, but it could make him a really good children’s’ book author, too.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73