May 29, 2013, 7:42 PM EST
So why not have them learn from the best Jazz big man ever? No, not Mark Eaton, the other one. Karl Malone.
Malone is apparently taking a part-time role with the Jazz coaching staff, tweets Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
This is not always the answer — Kareem Abdul-Jabbar tried to coach Andrew Bynum, but you can only teach someone who wants to learn. But this has the potential to be the right step.
Both Favors and Kanter should get more run next season. It will be interesting to see who the Jazz bring back between Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, if either. The sentiment among Jazz fans they want the steadier Jefferson, but that likely also is the more expensive option.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14