May 29, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
So why not have them learn from the best Jazz big man ever? No, not Mark Eaton, the other one. Karl Malone.
Malone is apparently taking a part-time role with the Jazz coaching staff, tweets Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
This is not always the answer — Kareem Abdul-Jabbar tried to coach Andrew Bynum, but you can only teach someone who wants to learn. But this has the potential to be the right step.
Both Favors and Kanter should get more run next season. It will be interesting to see who the Jazz bring back between Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, if either. The sentiment among Jazz fans they want the steadier Jefferson, but that likely also is the more expensive option.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 13
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17