May 29, 2013, 7:42 PM EST
So why not have them learn from the best Jazz big man ever? No, not Mark Eaton, the other one. Karl Malone.
Malone is apparently taking a part-time role with the Jazz coaching staff, tweets Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
This is not always the answer — Kareem Abdul-Jabbar tried to coach Andrew Bynum, but you can only teach someone who wants to learn. But this has the potential to be the right step.
Both Favors and Kanter should get more run next season. It will be interesting to see who the Jazz bring back between Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, if either. The sentiment among Jazz fans they want the steadier Jefferson, but that likely also is the more expensive option.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5